March/April Book Club Question
Every story has some kind of a conflict. The conflict can be:
- Man (woman) against man. Here human beings get in the way of the main character as he tries to go through the story.
- Man against nature is when a person must fight against some force of nature such as an animal or storm.
- Man against self. In this case a person is trying to overcome a personal problem such as anger or the loss of a loved one.
- Man against society Here is where the character is battling against a larger organization such as the government or the expectations that society has placed on them.
The BIG Question:
What kind(s) of conflict are in your book club book? Remember there can be more than one type of conflict in your book club book. Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Remember don’t re-tell the story to me (I have read all the books, I know what they are about!). Use events and/or details from the story to support your answer as to what kind(s) of conflict are in your book club book.
Remember when you are blogging you must:
- Do not use slang (LoL, BTW) or emoticons.
- Indent your paragraph and do a spell check!
- Write a paragraph that is 7-10 sentences long in regards to the question
- Make sure you include specific details from your book to back up your answer. This is not the time to be vague! Do not simply re-tell the story but use details to support your answer.
- Your Week 4 blog post must be completed by Wednesday April 12h. If you do not complete the blog you do not get any marks for Week 3 of book club.